Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OMG! I have a blog!


I started this blog with the intention of sharing my family story and haven't been quite consistent. Just when I forgot that I had a blog I decided to check on it.  Yep, it's still there.  Once you put your life out there in cyberspace it's out there... probably forever. When I checked the stats I can see that there has been some traffic.  I even checked out which posts have been getting hits.  Whether that means that it is actually being read is another story.  This made me feel obligated to post.  If the blog is getting hits.  Maybe someone is  ACTUALLY reading it? Perhaps I should stick with it after all?  Here I sit with a timer set for twenty minutes to hack out an update. I'm late for  F's second set of morning meds and I have a sink full of dishes calling me... yet here I sit.

Basically my summer has been filled with so many things. My daughter's swimming (being a swim mom and volunteering at swim meets as a USA official). Being a Taxi mom (getting these kids to all over their locations, Trying to maintain some level of running mileage (I did register for the marathon in December... not really sure what I was thinking when I did that). Trying to get a grip on my twenty plus year marriage (many arguments and counseling... we have an appointment today). I spent at least a month being sick (with some freak upper respiratory infection) and still trying to manage all of those duties.  Let's not forget all the other normal duties of laundry, house cleaning, etc.  All of this makes time fly by... so investing in this blog has not been in the forefront of my mind.  I forgot to mention I even registered as a college student... probably an epic fail for me and reality check. 

So much has happened and each one can be it's own blog entry.  Rethinking F's prednisone occurred yesterday.  Both F and I learned this week we have some weird congenital birth defect from our time as embryo's with baby gills (no joke... true statement).  My experiences as a stroke and turn official has it's own set of lessons and stories.  My list could go on and on.  For now I'll just post this and then figure out where to start.  I posted the draft I found sitting regarding our initial decision to wean F off of prednisone.  I'll try to knock out the follow-up to that one quickly.  Let's not forget the experience C and I had volunteering at the Special Olympics. Our tortoise even escaped and went on an adventure in the neighborhood. .  So I suppose rather than maintain this blog more for myself and my family so they can stop by and remember our adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment