Saturday, August 3, 2013

I applied for a job... and I got the opportunity to interview


Financially, things have been rough around here.  So I decided I'd just look for a part-time job to bring in some extra funds to help pay off some bills and fund C's activities.  I came across a job posting for a nonpublic agency that provides services to children with autism.  I actually have a friend who works there.  That friend had said many things about that place and in my mind it was a family friendly dream job and if I ever heard they were hiring I'd try to apply.  Well I saw the posting and decided I'd throw my hat into the mix.  

I went on my first job interview yesterday in over 20 years.  It went well and I have a very strong understanding of what they do at this agency.  I also understand the importance of the services they provide.  But... and it's a huge but... it's a full-time position.  I was relieved to hear at the interview that they have a flexible schedule, but full-time.  I think I have a decent shot at the position based on my knowledge base of what it's like to serve and be served as a special needs family.  I feel so honored to have been picked to even interview for this position and if by chance the job were offered to me it would be an honor and a privilege to work for them.  Literally this would be a dream job for me.  But full-time... am I ready?  Is my family ready?  F is ready to kick me out the door and work with his nurse and his team and do his own thing, but C is not.  How would I manage my busy house, C's activities, and a full-time job?  I find I don't have the time to do all of things I'd like to do around my home already.  It is highly likely that they will have a more qualified candidate for the admin position and if they did I completely understand... but if there's a chance oh my what an opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment