Saturday, November 24, 2012

Another ruptured ear drum for F

After bringing C home from swim practice I noticed F was coughing.  It gradually began to increase through the evening.  I finally realized he's catching a cold.  Darn!  When I went in to wash his face there was blood on the washcloth.  It was coming from his ear.  So not only had he begun coughing somehow he'd soldiered on through some significant ear pressure and pain to tolerate a ruptured ear drum without so much as a grumble.

A trip to the doctor confirmed a significant rupture in the drum.  Poor F... I worry that scarring could inhibit his hearing.  It is his strongest sense.  This is the second for the year.  He had another in January.  He's such a trooper though.  He rarely complains.  He has such a remarkable attitude.  I just pray that this will heal quickly and we can help him prevent the ear pressure/rupture again.

So F gets a five day course of antibiotic and high dose prednisone burst.  I hope his tummy doesn't give him grief.  I also hope the prednisone burst doesn't bring super grumpiness and insomnia.  He's unbearable when he's under the influence of prednisone burst.

I'm hoping my boy recovers quickly from his illness so that he can enjoy all of the football the Thanksgiving holiday has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment