Sunday, November 4, 2012

January's Half-marathon

I needed a running goal since I've been such a slacker when it comes to my running and fitness. I signed up for the virtual Nike+ Women's Half-Marathon on 1/15/12. Which meant I'd train and run the half using my Nike+ GPS running app on my phone.

During the training process I used the app. I liked it. It's fairly accurate. I'd say my only complaint is when I wear gloves on cold days it's hard to start and stop. It would be nice if it had an auto stop feature like my Garmin. I run with my dogs and they require more water stops than I.

Race day came. The dogs and I headed to the American river bike trail. We ran our half together. I knew that Rocky (the standard poodle) would easily pull off the distance, but wondered about  little Lilly (puggle, pug/beagle mix). They both did amazing. With water and potty stops we did a 2:10 and change half-marathon. These dogs have been great running partners and I appreciate their company. I've included a photo of them. They didn't cooperate as I would have liked them too. One thing is for sure they don't look like they just went 13.2 miles with me.

My reward from Nike was a bracelet made by Hurley. It came in the mail past week. I'm going to admit I was slightly disappointed. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not a fan of the colors or because I can't really figure out how to put it on. I'm wishing it had come with instructions.

My best reward is automatic entrance into the 2012 Nike Women's Half-Marathon in October with Team Victorious.


written in January 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment