Saturday, November 3, 2012

Did I ever tell you how much I HATE suprises?

So my dear friend, who is like a sister to me, is trying to surprise me today.  I love that she wants to do something nice for me, I really, really do.  There's just one thing she won't tell me what we are supposed to be doing and I HATE surprises.  My experiences have reinforced over and over again that my surprises are rarely, if ever, good ones; therefore, I hate them.  They make me uneasy and anxious.

Surprise example number 1.  R tries to throw me a surprise party for my birthday.  F ends up sick and hospitalized with pneumonia.  Surprise example number two plan a vacation and your husband gets pink slipped at his county job (no vacation!).  My list could go on and on.

She wants me to dress comfortably and bring comfortable shoes. You know... this is defined differently by each of us.  Not only that I'm going to be gone ALL day on my only Saturday that I had to spend most of the day at home.  Part of the problem is I'm rarely home.  I can't get my head above water on laundry, housework, blogging, etc. because I'm only home for a few hours and I can't get anything done that requires a good chunk of time.

What I'd like today is a number of things.  Wash my dog so I can cut his hair tomorrow (standard poodle).  Go to the library.  Get in a 10 minute fat burning workout.  Do laundry.  Change the sheets.  Get my math worksheet done.  All those things that have just piled up.  Maybe even watch a movie with the family before I go get my hair done.

I need more hours in my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment