Monday, February 13, 2012

Favorite Quote of the Day

I signed up for the daily email form the website thedailylove.com.  It came highly recommended by a friend. I will admit I'm enjoying it very much.  Thank you, Chris ;)

In Today's Quotes this morning was the following:  


"The greatest gift you can ever give another person is your own happiness."
- Esther Abraham-Hicks, an American inspirational speaker and best-selling author.

This is so often forgotten. I think there are times when we think our happiness is dependent upon others. We allow others to influence our happiness, but ultimately we are responsible for it.

My son, F, during some of his most isolated times still found happiness.  When he was stuck in the education system with individuals that could not communicate with him along with being isolated he would sleep. There were times when he was awake that he was very joyful.  Those were the moments everyone remembered.  He had other reasons for sleeping during his day like boredom, fear, and stress, but when he had those moments that he could seize to be joyful he did.

My husband has had a tough few years due to stress at work and personal struggles.  I think trying to find his own happiness has been a part as well.When we are struggling we influence those around us emotionally and not usually in a positive manner. I can see the influence I have when I'm not feeling my happiest and I'm struggling to find joy. I understand what he goes through.  I just don't have the influence of an outside employer adding to the burden.

How we choose to handle those emotional struggles is what sets the example.  We are, each one of us, a single choice away from finding the path to our own happiness.  Whether that means changing jobs, remodeling a kitchen, meeting a new friend, doing something for ourselves (like running, starting a blog), etc.  It's recognizing that there are ways to bring joy into our lives and we are responsible for it, not other people. When we find that happiness we can then give our best selves to those we love.


No comments:

Post a Comment