Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Time for Sleep!

It's 1:40 and I'm waiting for F to settle so I can turn his mattress on (it turns him from side to side to help keep the secretions from settling).  He has to be in a deep sleep before I turn it on or the mattress annoys and irritates him.  Plus he's on his left side and I know he'll need to be turned. He can't sleep on one side too long or he gets uncomfortable and he can't move himself.  I want some sleep. I'm so tired I don't know that I would wake up if he needed to be turned.  My morning starts early 5:45.

Today, I am ever so thankful for my children.  So proud to be their mom.  C went and had a one on one interview at the private school she desperately wants to attend.  She aced the exams should be in advanced math class and was accepted.  She should be able to take math that is a grade above. They welcomed her and all of her kindhearted uniqueness.  I cherished the phone call I got from her telling  F and I all about it.  Way to go C!

It is now officially C's 12th birthday!  Happy birthday to my sweet girl who brings joy and sunshine to our lives.  I love her kind heart and willingness to always help others.  She is a treasure!

F is my hero! He felt strongly about something and he made a choice to put himself out their and represent individuals like him.  To speak up for his nurses who have helped him, especially his Caroline!  I can't thank him enough for putting up with me when I'm stressed and freaking out over him.  He rolls his eyes and gives in. All the while in his way  telling me not to worry it's not that serious.  He was right! He knew he wouldn't need an overnight stay at the hospital.  I love that he is in tune with himself and his body. I can never discount his input when it comes to his needs. I also love how brave he is when he's having procedures.  I couldn't have asked God to put anyone better in my life to teach me.

Today was certainly not about me. I didn't eat one structured meal today except breakfast. I'm starving right now, but I'm too tired to care. I didn't get to run my 3 miles today.  I'll get my mileage for the week in.  I suppose I can't really worry about it.  I can do the 13.1 I have the base.  I may not reach my goal time or  PR. I have to be satisfied with task completion. In the grand scheme of today, it was probably a blessing I didn't run.  I would have been twice as tired taking care of F today which would have made driving home tonight that much harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment