Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hiring a Paraeducator

F's current paraeducator, who is a college student, has found that her college schedule is too hectic to continue working with F.  He loves what she brings to the table, but has felt that she has had conflicts in meeting his educational needs as per the job description.  So here we are in the middle of our school year posting for a new paraeducator.

I'd like to fill the position as soon as possible, but I know that it will take time to find the right person.  I'm discouraged and frustrated.  I wish communication had been better between his current paraeduator so that we would not be in this position at this time.  I realize that I'm responsible for my part in the lack of communication.  I'm just seriously overwhelmed while wanting to respect F's space so that he didn't feel that I was being to invasive in his lessons and his learning.

Hopefully, our posting will get responses.  I don't want to be discouraged.  I especially don't want F to be left behind again, by the education system.

Praying we find the right person for him very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment