Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Today I Feel Validated

F is feeling much better today, but if you ask him he didn't feel bad yesterday the abscessed cyst was simply painful.  He new his infection was merely localized. He is so funny.  He NOW agrees that it was a good decision to go.  I'm sure to admit that to his mother is probably killing him, but he did!!! Yay, me!

He got some much needed pain relief from the 10cc of pus drained off the site.  A single dose of IV antibiotics. A new prescription for a different antibiotic and his potassium checked again.  His face seems to be improving little by little.  I think he may need to get into ENT again for some additional drainage, but we'll see what his primary care doc says.  We were lucky to get an additional blood chemistry done on him to discover that his potassium is still low after a week away from a potassium supplement.  This is another issue to address later since it has to do with his bowel routine.  F has a cecostomy tube...another post at a later time. 

I thought I'd share an updated photo on his wound since the ER visit.  I'm glad he's not rolling his eyes at me anymore, because he thinks I'm over-dramatic!  How I love that boy for making fun of me!
6:30 am 
Early afternoon today

No comments:

Post a Comment